Sunday, November 10, 2019

Cross Canada Blog Hop - November 2019

I am jumping back on the blogging bandwagon with our CTMH Cross Canada Blog Hop. This month we feature the Holly Jolly paper collection, perfect for all your holiday crafting.  This is a circular hop so if you've joined me from Creations with Michelle, you are in the right place.

I have been prepping for my Christmas Card events and this was one of the cards I came up with. I love the bright colours of the Holly Jolly collection and the patterns feel a little bit whimsical so I wanted to keep my cards light-hearted.

This card features the Holly Jolly papers along with our retired Green Glitter paper.  I used our Stitched Square dies to cut the white daisy cardstock used for stamping.  I stamped the super cute snowman from our exclusive stamp set featured with the Holiday Cheer Tags & Ornaments special we have right now (CC101911) using Momenta black ink.  I added the sentiment (from the same adorable stamp set) with Candy Apple ink.  Just added a bit of a watercolour wash on the bottom for the snow. I did colour in my snowman's hat with my black marker and added colour to the holly leaves as well. Three dots of Christmas Red Stickles finished off the berries. I used some of our Thin Foam Tape to pop up the stamped image on the card, then embellished with Holly Jolly Dots.  Here' a closer look at the card:
I did a second card using the same paper layout, but with a non CTMH stamp that I had purchased several years ago and had never used:
I love that crazy cat and I am so happy that I finally stamped him!

Your next stop on our Cross Canada Hop is Sheena's blog. Join us again next month when we will be showcasing artwork using our Cedar and Pine collection.

To purchase any of the products featured in my post and everything else CTMH has to offer, please visit https://rozkelly.closetomyheart.ca


3 comments:

  1. Love the snowman, what great cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that snowman, and he is on my list of stamps to create with this week. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card, I love the green sparkle paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!